We offer a dynamic youth ministry program every Sunday, during the 11:00AM service. Our youth education program serves kids ages 1-18. Just as you’ll experience in our adult congregation, our youth program is a community of intentional welcome. All are welcome to join us in our ongoing explorations of Unity principles, offered at age-appropriate levels.
Sunday Youth Program (11:00am service only)
* 10:30AM: Sign-in begins in Friendship Hall.
* 11:00AM: Youth begin in the Sanctuary, process to the platform for the Youth Blessing around 11:05, before proceeding downstairs together, to their respective classrooms.
* 12:00PM: Parents/Guardians of children in Unitots and Unikids come downstairs for sign-out procedures.
Unity in Lynnwood’s Youth Education program consists of the following age groups:
- Unitots: ages 1-4
- Unikids: K-5th (ages 5-11)
- Uniteens: middle school (ages 12-14)
- Youth of Unity (YOU): high school (ages 14-18)
All lessons are designed at age-appropriate levels to look at the world through the lens of Unity's five Basic Principles, as simplified for youth:
1. God is good and active in everything, everywhere.
2. I am naturally good because God's Divinity is in me and in everyone.
3. I create my experiences by what I choose to think and what I feel and believe.
4. Through affirmative prayer and meditation, I [recognize] God and bring out the good in my life.
5. I do and give my best by living the Truth I know. I make a difference!
These principles are explored through the Living Curriculum philosophy as set forth by Unity Worldwide Ministries. Myrtle Fillmore believed that our mission as educators is not to “entertain the children, but, instead, to draw them out.” It’s a belief that moves us past the idea that teachers have all the answers and need to impart them to the students. Instead, there is a realization that all of us are uniquely unfolding on our spiritual paths, having equal access to the Spirit within. Using storytelling and experiential creative expression, the Living Curriculum approach “draws out” the Truth we already know. The process helps us to explore spiritual principles and to become aware of how those principles operate in our lives.